I know, I know..
…Where have the updates been for the past 3 days, right? Well, NYC is such a vast city it has literally taken us 3 days to get a firm handle on Manhattan alone. Each day, we averaged around 12kms walking with a record of 17km on Wednesday walking from our hotel, to Balthazar and back up and around to central park and across it. Needless to say we were pooped by days end and didn’t even look to shop! And that’s been the problem. We have been too busy exploring up and around the island to get serious about the shopping, let alone trying to write anything on the blog.
– Chelsea Markets. What a mecca and I think I could spend a whole day in here.
– Burger and Barrel. Definitely check this place out if you are in SoHo.
– Locals playing sport. It was basketball and baseball that we saw and what a sight it was.
Murray’s Bagels. Possibly the best bagel in NYC with the exception of Ess-a.
– Magnolia Bakery. Yep you’ve probably had a million Mag-clones but for $3 a pop you still have to see what the fuss is all about!
– Yankee Stadium. Yeah I got us lost on the subway there, and yeah rain delay held play for 2 hours but boy was it worth it!
– White Castle. Had to tick it off the bucket list. Not worth a pinch of shit in my books. Was better when it existed only in my imagination thanks to Harold and Kumar.
And all the restaurants I didn’t blog about. Del Posto was amazing. Daniel was superb. Tonight is our final night, we have broadway (Jersey Boys) followed by a late dinner at Felidia.
Then, it’s onwards to California. First stop, San Fran! I missed so much in this city on this first real trip around town. You could spend weeks here and still not get to the bottom of it. But that’s the beauty of New York City. Lady Liberty knows you’ll be back for more.